MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To assist the Operations Team in the day to day running of the Manufacturing & Purchasing Departments.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Assist in the expediting of purchase orders to ensure suppliers are delivering to agreed dates & in line with our build programmes, ensure that any change to delivery date is communicated to relevant dept.
· Assist in the expediting of internal works orders to ensure departments are delivering to agreed dates & in line with our build programmes and Customer requirements, ensure that any change to delivery date is communicated to relevant dept.
· Generate & maintain expediting reports and spreadsheets, and update Business System software in a timely manner.
· Action daily ad-hoc Purchase Requisitions to include raising Purchase Orders.
· Ensure all relevant ISO9001 procedures are adhered to.
· To play an active role in achieving departmental objectives such as cost reduction targets year on year, supplier reduction and improved stock levels.
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
· Compliance with all departmental H&S requirements
· Compliance, where appropriate with management, & environmental, systems, such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
Qualifications and Experience
· Must be computer literate
· Knowledge of Access Supply Chain (Not essential)
· Understanding of Purchasing MRP systems, Manufacturing environments & related processes.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent team player and able to multi-task.
· Positive with a flexible can do attitude.
· Confidential in all matters
· Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
· Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
· Strong IT skills
· Awareness of small business needs
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
· Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements
· Determination to improve, grow and contribute to the departments success
· A creative thinker not afraid to suggest new ways of doing things
· Knowledge of Microsoft packages
· Flexible and cooperative attitude
· An assertive but calm demeanour
· Ability to listen to customer needs and respond accordingly
· Good timekeeping and attendance record
· Willing to be flexible with hours to ensure tasks are completed on time
· Neat and tidy appearance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent